[Updated] There has been an evacuation order for Methodist Mountain issued by the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office.
Evacuation Order Includes
- Methodist Mountain Estates
- Mountain Vista Village
- Boot Hill
- Pinon Ridge Estates and Subdivisions near Methodist Mountain estates
- The area from County Road 110 to County Road 104 including the residents above Tudor Rose on County Road 104.
- Fawn Ridge Estates between Fawn Ridge and County Road 110, south of CR 111.
- All of Bear Creek and homes between Bear Creek and County Road 104.
Evacuation Point Has Been Moved
The Chaffee County Sheriff asks residents to evacuate to the Methodist Church at 228 E 4th Street in Salida. The Ark Valley Humane Society are offering to shelter dogs, cats, and other small animals during the evacuation.
Wallbangers has donated food and Walmart has donated water to aid those that have been displaced by the evacuation order.
The American Red Cross is also at the Methodist Church to assist anyone with medical issues. There is no need for donations of any type as several local businesses have already given food and water for evacuees.
Mandy Keisner of Sol Vista Health is coordinating both people who need a place to stay and those offering to place to stay. Call (719) 395-9355, or you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chaffee County Has Declared A Local Disaster Emergency
Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze has ordered that all unincorporated county lands are now under Stage Two Fire Restrictions.
Salida Schools In Session
Salida schools are in session but students are being kept inside due to the Air Quality Health Advisory.
Keep Updated With The Heart of the Rockies Radio App
- REPLAY: Sports in the Rockies – Salida – January 20, 2021 - January 21, 2021
- REPLAY: Sports in the Rockies – Buena Vista – January 18, 2021 - January 19, 2021
- Sunday, January 17, 2021 - January 17, 2021