Two people who live outside of Chaffee County tested positive for COVID-19 at Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center yesterday.
Investigations are underway and any Chaffee County resident who has come into close contact with these cases will be contacted by telephone.
Chaffee County is a destination for many people, and state-wide data shows a huge influx of tourists every weekend to the mountains. Chaffee County Public Health says it is vital that we all prioritize health and safety. You are reminded to:
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance
- Wash hands often
- Wear cloth face coverings in public
- Stay home when sick
- Get tested if you have symptoms
Five new cases for the San Luis Valley were reported yesterday, 2 from Alamosa, and 1 each for Mineral, Rio Grande and Saguache counties bringing the total of cumulative cases for the San Luis Valley to 385.
Eagle County Public Health said yesterday that they are investigating a cluster of COVID-19 cases among teenagers and young adults after at least 11 people tested positive for the respiratory disease following social gatherings.
The number of new COVID-19 cases statewide rose for the first time since late April.
- Salida City Council to Approve the Oak Street Major Impact Review - December 6, 2022
- Help Our Fuzzy Friends at the Ark-Valley Humane Society - December 6, 2022
- The Alliance is Hosting ’31 Days of Giving’ During December - December 6, 2022