The Jynneos vaccine that protects against monkeypox is now available to a broader range of people who may be at risk in the San Luis Valley.
Call for an appointment if you think you may be eligible: Alamosa County Public Health (719) 589-6639, Costilla County Public Health (719) 672-3332, or Rio Grande Public Health (719) 657-3352.
In the fall we typically see an increase in respiratory illnesses of all kinds, including influenza. Wash your hands, cover your cough, and stay home when you are sick to prevent the spread of illness. Most people are aware that older adults and those with chronic health conditions are at risk of complications from the flu. It is less well-known that flu risks increase with pregnancy, due to changes in the immune system, heart and lungs. Flu may also be harmful for a developing fetus. Flu vaccines updated for the 2022-23 flu season are available through public health and other vaccine providers in the area. An individual may receive a flu vaccine and a COVID-19 vaccine during the same visit. Contact your local public health department to get a flu vaccine.
COVID-19 vaccines continue to be recommended for all persons 6 months and older. Flu and COVID vaccines, including boosters, are available on the COVID-19 vaccine bus from 10am-6pm unless otherwise noted at the following locations:
- Tuesday 10/4/22 at Adams State University, theater parking lot
- Wednesday 10/5/22 at Crestone Mercantile, 10am-3pm
- Thursday 10/6/22 at Migrant Seasonal Head Start in Center
- Friday 10/7/22 at the Steam Train Hotel in Antonito
- Sunday 10/9/22 at the 101 Bar and Grill in Garcia, 9am-5pm
- Tuesday 10/11/22 at Dollar Tree in Alamosa
- Wednesday 10/12/22 at Lues Main St Cafe in Blanca
- Thursday 10/13/22 at Family Dollar in La Jara
- Friday 10/17/22 at Simple foods in Del Norte
A list of additional local COVID-19 vaccine providers can be found at www.slvphp.com/vaccination.
- Salida City Council to Approve the Oak Street Major Impact Review - December 6, 2022
- Help Our Fuzzy Friends at the Ark-Valley Humane Society - December 6, 2022
- The Alliance is Hosting ’31 Days of Giving’ During December - December 6, 2022