There are currently 89 known active cases of COVID-19 in the San Luis Valley.
Incidence rates are also noted below for the counties in excess of 35/100,000.
- Alamosa County – 38 cases, 1-week incidence rate 185/100,000
- Conejos County – 17 cases, 1-week incidence rate 98/100,000
- Costilla County – 0 cases
- Mineral County – 0 cases
- Rio Grande County – 23 cases, and 1-week incidence rate 63/100,000
- Saguache County – 11 cases, and 1-week incidence rate 132/100,000
A new public health order is expected from the Governor’s office tomorrow that will shift more of the decisions regarding COVID-19 response and prevention from the state to the local level. Statewide mandatory use of the COVID-19 Dial is expected to end, although it can still be used as guidance.
One thing that will not change is the current statewide mask order that was modified on April 3rd and extended for at least another 30 days. In counties with one-week COVID-19 incidence rates in excess of 35/100,000 (currently Alamosa, Conejos, Rio Grande, and Saguache counties), masks must also be worn in public indoor settings where 10 or more unvaccinated individuals or individuals of unknown vaccination status are present. This should be considered a minimum standard.
Public health authorities strongly encourage continued use of masks and other precautions until a higher percentage of our population is fully vaccinated. One thing to note, however, is that private business owners have the right to require masks no matter what. Please be respectful when frequenting places of business regarding their requirements.
In all counties, masks are still required in schools (including extracurricular activities), childcare centers, indoor childrens’ camps, public-facing government facilities, healthcare settings, personal care services such as hair salons, body art, nail salons, etc., congregate care facilities, prisons, and jails.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, get tested through our regular testing providers:
- Rio Grande Hospital 719-657-4990
- SLV Health Respiratory Clinic 719-589-3000 ext. 9
- Valley-Wide Health Systems 719-589-3658 1-833-350-1113 ext. 4 (M-F), 719-589-2562 (Sa/Su)
To sign up to receive a vaccine, contact one of the local providers below. Online signup links for these providers can be found at www.slvphp.com.
- Valley-Wide Health Systems (719) 587-9610
- Rio Grande Hospital (719) 657-2418
- SLV Health (719) 587-1355
- Alamosa County Public Health (719) 589-6639
- Conejos County Public Health (719) 274-4307
- Costilla County Public Health (719) 672-3332
- Silver Thread Public Health (719) 658-2416
- Rio Grande County Public Health (719) 657-3352
- Saguache County Public Health (719) 655-2533
- City Market Pharmacy – www.citymarket.com/rx/guest/get-vaccinated
- Safeway Pharmacy – www.mhealthappointments.com/covidappt
- Walgreens Pharmacy – www.walgreens.com
- Walmart Pharmacy – www.walmart.com/COVIDvaccine