Emergency Services Reported to Salida Middle School due to Possible Gas Leak

On Thursday, November 17th, both Salida Fire and Emergency Medical Services reported to Salida Middle School because of a possible gas leak.

There was an odd odor noted in a classroom and out of an abundance of caution, district maintenance staff, Salida Fire, and Atmos Energy all responded. They confirmed that the smell was not gas, and the building was safe for students and staff.

EMS was also requested to support an individual at Salida Middle School. The individual has been cared for, and to protect privacy of the individual, no further details will be released.

Classes and activities continue as normal.

Reach out to Principal Michelle Saab with any questions at msaab@salidaschools.org and talk with your children if they have questions.

Safety of our students is always priority number one for District Staff, and we thank our partners and local first responders for their quick response to support that important work. 

Terry West
Socials: