Chaffee County Public Health is reporting 56 new cases of Covid-19 in the last 7 days, 87 in the last 14 days, for a 2-week positivity rate of 4.74%.
Only one of the new cases required hospitalization. All others are resting at home.
Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center is currently at 44 percent capacity.
Chaffee County Public Health will not hold testing clinics this Thursday and Friday. Appointments for next Monday must be made by 4 pm tomorrow.
The San Luis Valley is reporting 232 cases of Covid-19 with 9 in Saguache County and 118 in Alamosa County. Alamosa County is one of 20 counties in the state to be moved to the Red Level.
Fremont County has announced 325 new Covid-19 cases. Of those, 183 are within the community and 142 are from within the Department of Corrections.
The Chaffee County Fairgrounds will be closed until further notice to all meetings, events and riding arena use.
The fairgrounds is actively scheduling 2021 in hopes of resuming a new year of events and meetings.
The Salida Parks and Recreation Department has closed the Salida Hot Springs Aquatic Center through the end of the month.
The decision was made after reviewing the current public health orders and the current spike in Covid-19 numbers in the county.
As the incidence of Covid-19 cases continues to climb in Chaffee County, county leaders are trying to keep businesses and schools open to the greatest extent for as long as possible.
Recent further restrictions include:
- Only necessary events can take place following the 25 percent or 25-person cap. In-person events are highly discouraged at this time.
- Personal gathering size is limited to 10 with no more than two households.
- Group sizes seated together at restaurants should exceed no more than 6.
- Remote work and staggered shifts are encouraged for all business sectors.
- Except for critical business or critical operations of the county, voluntary 14-day self-quarantine is strongly recommended when unnecessary out of county travel occurs.
- All residents who have engaged in activities that pose a risk should seek out testing.