COVID-19 case and hospitalization rates have remained stable in the San Luis Valley since early August, with about 3-4 hospital admissions per week.
This is the season when infectious respiratory illnesses of all kinds often begin to increase, so stay home if you are sick, wash your hands frequently, and take other reasonable precautions as needed.
Free COVID-19 PCR testing is available at ASU’s Conour Hall at the corner of Edgemont and First St. in Alamosa, from 10:30 am-6:00 pm M-W and Fri-Sat. If you arrive at the site and would like to be tested in your car or need help getting into the building, call 719-467-6487. This test site is in one consistent location, unlike the test bus that was in various locations during the first half of this year. Public health authorities advise keeping a couple of home test kits on hand as well.
Both Moderna and Pfizer omicron bivalent boosters are available on the State-sponsored mobile vaccine bus that serves the San Luis Valley, as well as primary COVID vaccines for those not yet vaccinated. Bus times for the coming 10 days are from 10am-6pm unless otherwise noted at the following locations:
- Wednesday 9/21/22 at Migrant Seasonal Head Start in Center
- Thursday 9/22/22 at Saguache Community Park
- Friday 9/23/22 at Silver Thread Public Health/Mineral Office in Creede
- Saturday 9/24/22 at the Fun with 911 event on Main St in La Jara, 10am-2pm
- Sunday 9/25/222 at Dollar Tree in Alamosa
- Tuesday 9/27/2022 at the Alamosa Public Library
- Wednesday 9/28/22 at Silver Thread Public Health/Mineral Office in Creede
- Thursday 9/29/22 at Lu’s Main St Cafe in Blanca
- Friday 9/30/22 at Simple Foods in Del Norte
Other local vaccine providers may vary as to when they will have the new boosters on hand. A list of local vaccine providers can be found at slvphp.com/vaccination.