Chaffee County’s variance request to lift restrictions on industries still closed under state and public health orders has been approved.
Effective Friday, May 22nd, the following businesses may re-open:
- Retail Food Establishments
- Places of Worship
- Fitness Centers
- Local Recreation Facilities
- Outfitters / Guided Activities
- Bowling Alley
- Outdoor Hot Springs
Businesses listed above may reopen under strict health and safety requirements to reduce transmission of COVID-19 among employees and customers, support healthy business operations, and maintain a healthy work environment.
Industries to remain closed are: Short-term rentals and those that are still under either order.
Chaffee County Public Health plans to work closely with these businesses so that they can reopen when the state deems it safe to do so and provides the appropriate guidance documents.
For those businesses who have not received a certificate of safety, it is not necessary to open, but Chaffee County Public Health still expects businesses to fill out the checklist to receive the certificate.
Chaffee County Public Health’s complete press release can be found here.
- Gusty Winds Ahead of Arctic Air Mass Arriving Tonight [January 29th Weather] - January 29, 2023
- The Alliance’s 38th Annual ‘Chocolate Lover’s Fantasy’ Event Is April 13th - January 28, 2023
- Sunny but Breezy Day On Tap [January 28th Weather] - January 28, 2023