The Chaffee County Road & Bridge Department will be applying DuraBlend on multiple county roads for dust mitigation.
The application will occur Monday, June 14, through Thursday, June 17. DuraBlend® is a liquid mix of water, magnesium chloride, and a plant-based polymer that is sprayed on roads to control dust on unpaved surfaces, also helping protect the road base and reducing potholes and washboarding.
The expected DuraBlend® application schedule is:
- Monday, June 14: CR361, CR365, CR371, CR390
- Tuesday, June 15: CR300, CR301, CR301a, CR303, CR304
- Wednesday, June 16: CR155, CR162, CR193, CR194, and the landfill
- Thursday, June 17: CR175, CR200, CR220, Pahlone Pkwy/CR128
Drivers are advised to avoid the roads on the day of spraying, if possible, as the DuraBlend® application will create muddy conditions on the road surface for up to 24-48 hours following application. It generally takes at least 24 hours for the DuraBlend® product to bind the road aggregate and to dry, depending on conditions.
For questions or concerns, contact the County Road & Bridge Department at 719-539-6961.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Bus Coming to Chaffee County This Weekend - June 15, 2021
- Chaffee Commissioners to Continue Nestle/Blue Triton Hearing Today - June 15, 2021
- City of Salida to Extend F Street Closure Between 2nd and 3rd Streets - June 15, 2021