Chaffee County has implemented additional restrictions to avoid moving to the Orange Level of Covid-19 restrictions, or Safer at Home Level 3.
The following are in effect until further notice.
- Indoor places of worship are at 25% capacity or 50 people whichever is less, virtual services are strongly recommended.
- Only necessary events can take place following the 25% or 25-person cap. In-person events are highly discouraged at this time.
- Non-school related group sports and activities are limited to virtual or outdoors in groups of less than 10 with no close contact.
- Personal gathering size is limited to 10 people consisting of no more than 2 households.
- Group sizes seated together at restaurants should exceed no more than 6.
- Remote work and staggered shifts are encouraged for all business sectors.
- Except for critical business or critical operations of the county, voluntary 14-day self-quarantine is strongly recommended when unnecessary out of county travel occurs.
- All residents who have engaged in activities that pose a risk should seek out testing.
Chaffee County Public Health has changed their testing schedule. Testing is now available Monday through Friday in Salida from 10:30 am to 12 noon at the Touber Building and on Wednesdays in Buena Vista at the Annex.
All tests are now a mouth swab and results are usually available in 48 to 72 hours.
Testing is by appointment only. Appointments must be made the day before testing is held. To be screened and scheduled, call Public Health at 539-4510.
Governor Jared Polis is asking all Coloradans to cancel holiday plans with those outside your household. He is asking you to do the following during the month of November: Only socially interact with people in your household, keep your distance, and wear a mask. Colorado state lawmakers are preparing for Governor Polis to call a special session focused of Covid-19 relief.
- Join Us For ‘Shop Local Saturday’ as We Broadcast All Over The Valley - November 23, 2020
- Are There COVID-19 Precautions for Emergency Room Visits? – HRRMC Health Connect - November 21, 2020
- DOC Inmate from Fremont Dies - November 21, 2020