Nearly 90 investigators searched a 2.5-mile area near County Road 225 and Highway 50 for clues into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew.
49-year-old Morphew went missing on May 10, 2020.
Local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain in an effort to attempt to locate additional items of Ms. Morphew after investigators believed to have found a personal item of the missing woman on Thursday.
While investigators aren’t releasing details about what may have been found they can confirm that Ms. Morphew has not yet been located to date.
The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office continues to seek tips in Ms. Morphew’s disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 312-7530.
Agencies assisting in Friday’s Search Include:
- Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office
- Chaffee County Search and Rescue North and South
- Chaffee County Combined TAC Team
- Department of Corrections Search Team
- Department of Corrections East Canon Search Team
- Colorado Department of Transportation
- Colorado State Patrol
- K9 Assistance
- FBI (Evidence Recovery Team)
The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with support of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will continue to follow-up on tips forwarded to investigators.
- Win 7 Peaks Music Festival Passes at Altitude Tire & Alignment and Washlabs Friday - August 15, 2022
- San Luis Valley Public Health to Host Virtual Back-To-School Community Information Meeting - August 12, 2022
- Reminder to be ‘Bear Aware’ This Time of Year - August 10, 2022