The Salida City Council has passed the Plastic Pollution Reduction Act and enacted penalties for stores not in compliance.
Under the Plastic Pollution Reduction Act, stores are required for the next year to charge 10 cents per single use plastic bag with 60 percent of that fee going to the city and county and the remaining 40 percent retained by the business. If stores are found to not be in compliance with the act, the first offense is a warning. A fine of $500 for a second offense and a fine of $1,000 for a third offense.
The City of Salida says they will use their portion of the bag fee revenues to enforce the ordinance and provide more sustainability programs.
Latest posts by Dan R (see all)
- Everbridge – Chaffee County Emergency Alert Program - March 23, 2023
- Central Colorado Humanists Now Accepting Scholarship Applications - March 23, 2023
- Colorado Avalanche Danger is ‘Extreme’ - March 23, 2023