A Red Flag Warning has been issued for gusty winds, low humidity, and dry fuels from 12 PM to 8PM Sunday, for fire weather.
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Red Flag Warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity, which is in effect from noon today to 8 pm tonight (Aug. 25).
The Red Flag Warning has been issued for the Upper Arkansas River Valley Including Lake County and Chaffee County-Fremont County Including Canon City, Howard, and Texas Creek
- Winds: West 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- Relative Humidity: As low as 11 percent.
- Impacts: Conditions will be favorable for the rapid ignition, growth, and spread of fires.
Precautions & Preparedness Actions
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
I’ve held every job in a radio station from part-time scum, sales, DJ, News Director, Production Director, Managing Editor, Digital Guru, all the way to #1 rated Morning Show Host and Program Director.
I am the Morning Show Host for Eagle Country 104, hold down afternoons on The Peak 92.3, and the Digital Managing Editor for Heart of the Rockies Radio.
I’m a Gen X refugee that fears the day my generation will rule the world. I’m currently stockpiling goods and supplies in Salida, Colorado with my wife Natalie and soon-to-be mad scientist son, Jack.
My name is Terry West: I know the truth about the One Ring, how to gank a demon, The Doctor’s name, and the Death Star’s only weakness. I am a father, husband, writer, broadcast professional, and Voice Over Talent.
Latest posts by Terry West (see all)
- Decker Fire Update for Saturday, Sept. 21 - September 21, 2019
- Remaining Super Radio Auction Items - September 20, 2019
- Ark-Valley Humane Society’s 5th annual ‘Cause For the Paws’ is October 18th - September 19, 2019