A Fire Weather Watch has been issued for gusty winds, low humidity and dry fuels through Wednesday (Oct. 8).
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Fire Weather Watch for gusty winds and low relative humidity, which is in effect through Wednesday evening (Oct. 8).
- Affected Area: Lake, Chaffee, Teller and Fremont Counties, the San Luis Valley, the Sangre De Cristo and Wet Mountains, and much of the eastern plains.
- Winds: Southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
- Relative Humidity: As low as 11 percent.
- Impacts: Conditions will be favorable for the rapid ignition, growth, and spread of fires.
Precautionary & Preparedness Actions
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings.
- Fantastic Realms – Episode 9: The Announcement - May 29, 2020
- Chaffee County Woman Charged With Attempted Murder After Suicide Attempt - May 29, 2020
- UPDATE: 4-Year-Old Missing Buena Vista Girl Found Safe - May 29, 2020