With recent cases of Coronavirus reported in several countries, including the U.S., local health officials are watchful for potential cases.
While the Coronavirus is a serous global public health threat, the immediate risk in our community remains low. There have been no confirmed cases in Colorado or Chaffee County.
Health officials advise to use the same precautions recommended for avoiding colds and flu to protect against the coronavirus.
- Wash hands frequently or use alcohol based hand sanitizer
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your inner elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu symptoms
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
Chaffee County Public Health encourages residents to rely on trusted, credible sources of information to prevent the spread on misinformation.